Friday, July 08, 2005

Bronco Blog-o-saurus Rex




So, I bought a used Ford. A 1979 Bronco which needed some work but had potential to be a fine truck. The trouble is that I took it to emissions and it failed 3 out of 4 tests miserably. It was too high in CO2 at both idle and loaded. It was too high on HC loaded. (also the gas cap failed it's little suction test) I took it back to the rinky dink dealership that I bought it from, and advised him that it needed to pass emissions for him to legally sell it in the Phoenix Metro area. He was very cool and worked on it for 3 days straight, replacing just about everything there was on the engine related to emissions and it still was just failing. I told him it was over and he agreed to refund my money. That is cool on one hand and lame on the other. I am glad to have no troubles with the refund but am sad to have to shop again for a truck. The '79 Bronco is a very tough truck and my old buddy Joe had one that took us everywhere we ever wanted to go in AZ. I guess I am going to have to check out what other Bronco's they have for sale around here. I guess I will also stop bitching...hahaha

Alright, I am outta here. Take it easy to anyone who cared long enough to get to this line...C U L8R!

No comments: