Thursday, July 21, 2005

The Earth Starts to Rumble...


...and you know Megadeth must be in town! I have been invited to see Megadeth by my friend John and his lovely girlfriend Laura. This will be the 3rd time that I have seen Megadeth. John on the other hand, has never seen a heavy band of this caliber, to my knowledge, besides the High Priests themselves... They are in a whole different ballgame. Megadeth came into the music scene just as Metallica was getting big back in the early 80's. Dave Mustaine was actually the origial lead guitar for Metallica. By that time,Rob Halford was already the indisputable king of Hard Rock. (that's what they called it before it was Heavy Metal)

1 comment:

John said...

Oh man, I'm beat! It's after midnight and I just finished setting up my new blog(s).

What have you done to me?

I played Peace Sells, The Conjuring, Skin O' My Teeth, and Symphony of Destruction for Laura tonight and she is really looking forward to Saturday! It's gonna be heavy dude! She was a little scared of the Rust in Peace song I played for her (Hangar 18).

Check out the new blog:
http://desert-duffer.blogspot.com